Re: test of makefs in kfreebsd d-i

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> Sorry for the delay, I have finally been able to review your package. It
> is basically fine, I have a few minor comments/requests though:

Great!

> - I have seen that you are using a CVS repository to maintain the
>   debian/ directory, and that you have problem with the Vcs-CVS.

Not really. This is actually a lintian “informational” message since
pserver (which really ought to have died long ago) appears to be the
preferred format. You don’t normally get these unless you use ‘-I’ in
addition to the normal options. The error wrt CVS I used to have is
long gone.

>   First of all I don't think the lintian override is appropriate here.

It is, until lintian changes. I am in contact with the maintainer.

>   The format you have used is not supported, even if I agree there is
>   currently no way to represent the URL for a ext server.

The format is exactly the same for ext vs pserver; lintian merely uses
a string matching on pserver. So this argument is void.

>   Alternatively or in addition, you can maintain the package using the
>   glibc-bsd alioth SVN where we maintain BSD related packages, just
>   ask if you need write access.

No, thanks, I prefer CVS.

> - Given there is no upstream tarball, I think it should be a really good
>   idea to provide a get-orig-source target in the makefile. Please find
>   a patch below to do that.

Good point, thanks.

> - There is some ext2 code in the sources, while makefs does not support
>   this file system. Is it this code really necessary here?

Ah. This is a subtree checkout of the ufs generic code, which did include
these files. I will trim down the checkout so that they will no longer
be included; thanks for spotting.

> When we agree on that points, I'll upload the package. Thanks for you
> work.

Okay, thanks for the comments. I'll see to the above issues soon.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant