Re: GNU/kFreeBSD packages in the Debian archive

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 12:45:07PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 01:42:57AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > We are also being (or will get) blocked by some build failures. They are
> > currently:
> > - openssl
> > - coreutils
> > - fftw3
> > - esound (bug already filled)
> > - net-snmp (due to libbsd, but being worked on)
> > - libattr/libacl (I'll send a separate mail about those ones).
> >
> > fftw3 is not that critical, but this is a really interesting case. The
> > testsuite hang, while it was not the case in the previous version. This
> > is not the first case we see a testsuite hanging like that, so it is
> > a good opportunity to understand which changes cause this behavior.
> >

> Actually fftw3 is more critical than I thought, it is indirectly needed
> for qt4.

This problem also appears on armel, hppa and powerpc. It is due to the
use of semaphores instead of mutexes to do the locking (according to the
source code, mutexes have problems and hang). They do not seems to work
correctly on GNU/kFreeBSD, at least when used with threads.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73