Re: Visualizing uninstallable Build-Depends issues

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (16/08/2009):
> I only track kfreebsd-* and at the moment, the update scripts are
> manually run, but that may move to a crontab. You can find them there:
>   http://alioth.debian.org/~kibi/bd-report/

Updated to reflect some limitations I tackled down:

> Some shortcomings:
>  - OR'd dependencies/build-dependencies aren't supported yet.

Fixed.

>  - conflicts aren't represented (wasn't worth, only a single got
>    detected).

Will fix next time I touch that bit of code.

>  - versioned (build-|)dependencies aren't represented yet, although
>    they are detected.

Rather: versions are not represented. Phrasing fixed in the
“Limitations” section.

>  - provided packages aren't taken into account, and result in an
>    UNKNOWN-SOURCE source package, because I can't do the binary to
>    source lookup with using additional Packages.gz files.

Fixed. (It needs a manual lookup to set some hash tables on the server
side, but stuff gets added there when needed. Not easy to set a
crontab doing that job… ;))

There are mostly 3 cases:
 - a binary got dropped from a source package.
 - a binary was previously built from a source package that got
   removed.
 - a binary is provided by another binary.

See the index page for a legend of the colours that are used.

>  - graphs might go upon each run, if you want to link to one
>    publically, don't forget to copy it somewhere else first.

Fixed: Filenames are now based on the nodes that are only pointed
to. I think there's still a tricky package containing a “?” but it
should go next time I touch that bit of code.

And as requested by Petr (and something I had in my TODO already),
timestamps got added on the summary page.

Mraw,
KiBi.