Re: BSD port plans for the squeeze cycle

* ghc6 availability on kfreebsd-amd64 ghc6 is not yet available on
  kfreebsd-amd64, it have to be ported/bootstrapped. The 6.10
  series does not support bootstrapping at all, the 6.12 should be
  much better, it should also eliminate the need of MAP_32BIT flag
  of mmap(), which is not available under FreeBSD kernel. When
  ghc6 6.12 become available, there will be need to change
  debian/control files of ghc6 related source packages.

Yes, that's something we definitely need for the release.

I'd like to try harder on this one, be it with 6.10 or
6.11+something. Looks like non-trivial, but possible, provided
upstream is responsive. Will look into it.

I gently tried some time ago with upstream snapshot, using instructions
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Porting

I failed, attached are preliminary patches, they can be used as a start.
Good luck ;-)

Petr