Re: BSD port plans for the squeeze cycle

Hi.

Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> (19/08/2009):
> > * gnat availability on kfreebsd-amd64
> >   gnat have been recently ported/bootstrapped on kfreebsd-amd64,
> >   this fact should propagate into debian/control files of ada related
> >   source packages.
>
> I have already asked for Package-arch-specific changes. Maybe we
> should already fill bug for those ones?

The earlier, the better, I believe.

> > * ghc6 availability on kfreebsd-amd64 ghc6 is not yet available on
> >   kfreebsd-amd64, it have to be ported/bootstrapped. The 6.10
> >   series does not support bootstrapping at all, the 6.12 should be
> >   much better, it should also eliminate the need of MAP_32BIT flag
> >   of mmap(), which is not available under FreeBSD kernel. When
> >   ghc6 6.12 become available, there will be need to change
> >   debian/control files of ghc6 related source packages.
>
> Yes, that's something we definitely need for the release.

I'd like to try harder on this one, be it with 6.10 or
6.11+something. Looks like non-trivial, but possible, provided
upstream is responsive. Will look into it.

> > * FTBFS on GNU/kFreeBSD with patches in BTS
>
> As GNU/kFreeBSD is a release goal, it is now possible to NMU those
> packages without any problem providing we respect the procedure
> (actually we already started). The main problem given the number of
> affected packages is probably the available manpower to do NMU.

I'll probably concentrate on those, and on RC bugfixes that prevent
packages to be built, i.e. FTBFS that appear on every arch.

Mraw,
KiBi.