Re: Porting upstart to kfreebsd

Hi.

One of the prerequisites we identified, was to maintain proper support for kfreebsd.
An idea was, to provide a small helper utility for sysvinit, that allows to
execute native upstart jobs, even when running under sysvinit. We will implement
such a tool, which we called upstart-job, most likely anyway, but it can't
provide the full feature set that upstart provides.
So ideally we want to see upstart ported to kfreebsd.

I quickly looked into sources, it seems it will need

* some "#ifdef SIGPWR" as SIGPWR is not available on GNU/kFreeBSD
* some "#ifdef __linux__" around "#include <linux/ptrace.h>"
* use wait4() instead of waitid() in nih/child.c
* emulate inotify() used in nih/watch.c by kqueue() or
  via using pnotify library, see http://mark.heily.com/pnotify/

Is the nih/watch.c mandatory or can it be optional ?

Petr