Porting upstart to kfreebsd

Hi kfreebsd porters,

I've just uploaded upstart 0.6.2-1 to the archive. The first major new release
in Debian since almost two years.

During the bootpermance sprint in London, we discussed the possibility of making
upstart our default /sbin/init for Debian.

One of the prerequisites we identified, was to maintain proper support for kfreebsd.
An idea was, to provide a small helper utility for sysvinit, that allows to
execute native upstart jobs, even when running under sysvinit. We will implement
such a tool, which we called upstart-job, most likely anyway, but it can't
provide the full feature set that upstart provides.
So ideally we want to see upstart ported to kfreebsd.

The upstream sources are keept at [2], my Debian packaging is at [3].

Scott assured to support this by merging any necessary patches if it's cleanly
possible. Otherwise the port should best be maintained in a separate branch,
where it can easily be merged and synced with master.

If you are interested, please help us to get this done.
If you have (technical) questions, please ask.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/BootPerformance/DebianUbuntuSprint
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/upstart
[3] http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/upstart.git;a=summary
universe are pointed away from Earth?