Plans for libvolume-id?

Heya,

short story:
 - udev produces libvolume-id-dev and its library;
 - the libvolume-id source package was introduced to provide that
   library without udev for GNU/kFreeBSD (and eventually hurd? Didn't
   check.)

Since the latter isn't available within Debian yet (but only in
unreleased), one can't even try to play with hal within sid (and trying
to get rid of the need for libvolume-is sounds like a PITA). I guess I'm
gonna install libvolume-id locally for now, but I guess we would need to
think of either merging it into one of the freebsd-specific source
package (?) or introducing it (??) but making sure it's only built on
relevant architectures (Architecture: … + P-a-s come to mind).

Mraw,
KiBi.