Re: IPC problems on kFreeBSD: Text mode applications

Hi,

some more details on the suspend and continue issue with text-mode
applications:

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 04:18:44PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> An example with zile. Any other text-mode application which has
> working suspend on Linux or FreeBSD should work, too.
>
> zile
> ^Z
> fg
>
> and you have suddenly a bash prompt in the middle of the terminal
> which already switched back to fullscreen text-mode for zile.
>
> You can't get zile back with "fg" again. bash believes there is no
> more job running.

BTW, just noticed today: This could be bug in bash and ksh93, since
the above example works fine in zsh, csh, pdksh and mksh.

And if I start tcsh, either via ssh -t or from my normal login shell,
I get the following warning:

  Warning: no access to tty (No such device).
  Thus no job control in this shell.

There were also cases where I got such a warning from bash. Thought it
was when logging on the console, but I couldn't reproduce such an
warning with bash today.

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org, abe@noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/