openssh PIEs, part II

Hi Colin,

sorry I didn't know that the close command is deprecated.

As for the PIEs, kFreeBSD 6.x kernel has gained a patch to support
executing PIEs some time ago (since I only tested 5.4 and 7.0 I had
not known that, plus I'm not exactly a heavy Debian user...), and
they backported the fix to the 5.x kernel series (the 7.0 series are,
according to the developers, "experimental", and outdated).

So there is no need on your part to not build PIEs on kFreeBSD any
more. (I wonder what the benefit of a PIE is, do you happen to have
a pointer to some docs/manual on it? I know (now) in theory what a
PIE is, but don't see the point.)

Sorry for the trouble.

bye,
//mirabile
--
  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."