Re: Bug report: module-init-tools: depends upon sort and uniq, which are located in /usr

Le lundi 14 mai 2007 à 11:53 +0200, Petr Salinger a écrit :
> > I tried to report it using reportbug, but it ended in Debian's official
> > BTS as #423662 (so maybe this is another bug to report) and was almost
> > instantly closed. Feel free to point me to the right place to report.
>
> Ohh, you just discovered bug in a package, that have compeletely different
> content compared to Linux one (and is from different source package).
Don't worry, I have more. ;-)
> There is a small number of such kfreebsd specific packages,
> this one belongs to them.

> > Here is the report as generated by reportbug:
> > Package: module-init-tools
> > Version: 6.2-3
> > Severity: normal
> >
> > The initscript module-init-tools uses /usr/bin/sort and /usr/bin/uniq
> > while /usr may not yet be mounted. Worst, it is the default with the
> > current installation.
>
> As a workaround, just drop "| sort | uniq" from the initscript.
> In the worst case, it will show confusing
> "Not loading xxx (already loaded)".
>
> Proper fix would be write "sort -u" using only /bin a /sbin binaries.
1) I see how to do it just using awk, which is unluckily in /usr/bin
also so doesn't solve anything.
2) It would be slightly more efficient, even if hardly noticeable to
remove the call to uniq and only use "sort -u"
3) But as the next step in this script is to:
 if ! kldstat -n $i >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
It should do no harm at all to remove completely the sort|uniq pair.

--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant