Re: Bug: link from libz.so to libz.so.1 is missing

markus schnalke a écrit :
> Hoi community,
>
> I just set up a new GNU/kFreeBSD *yay* :-)
>
> Everything went fine (thanks to
> http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/doc/ )
>
> Now I found a bug, but have no working MTA. So I thought to post it
> here, and hear what you say ...
>
> I installed xorg and rxvt-unicode. But when I start rxvt-unicode ist
> fails with:
>   error while loading shared libraries: libz.so: cannot open shared
> 	object file: No such file or directory

This was actually a bug of zlib1g (#448651) but any package built
against this bad package has to be rebuilt. I thought all packages were
now fixed, but it seems it is actually not the case.

I have just tried rxvt-unicode here, and I don't have a problem, so an
apt-get upgrade may fix your problem.

I have written a script to check every binary of the archive, but it
takes long to run and it will take some time to fix the detected
problems. So be prepared to see such a problem on other packages for a
few days.

> I solved the problem with:
>   ls -s /usr/lib/libz.so.1 /usr/lib/libz.so

A better workaround is to install zlib1g-dev. This package is installed
on most systems used for development, that's why only few people are
actually seeing the bug.

Bye,
Aurelien