Re: New user - Some problems (emacs, sbcl)

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> (24/03/2007):
> Can SBCL still be compiled with CLISP?  In that case, it's not a real
> bootstrapping exercise, and it might be easier to go that route.

Thanks for the suggestion, but looks like a no-go since:
,---
| sbcl (1:0.9.6.0-11) unstable; urgency=low
|
|   * Give up on the clisp cross-compiling,
|     manualy recompile everywhere with sbcl.
|
|  -- Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd@debian.org>  Tue,  8 Nov 2005 21:18:05 +0100
`---

Maybe it is possible to cross-compile an older (e.g 0.9.5 version)
version using clisp and then use that cross-compiled version to build
newer ones. I'm getting in touch with Peter ASAP.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois