Re: short term tasks for GNU/kFreeBSD

#include <sys/hello.h>

Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> (16/03/2007):
> The package is currently building on my machine. I still don't know
> why this package fails to build on the two i386 build daemons, while
> they builds correctly on my machine or on io.debian.net. It builds
> fine on the amd64 build daemon.

To help me a bit with strange build systems enabling/disabling some
features (and thus some files/directories are missing at the very end of
the build and one might have difficulties to see why), I wrote a tiny
script to extract the interesting part of a buildd log (which I get from
experimental.ftbfs.de or from buildd.debian.org), i.e. the
dpkg-buildpackage until dpkg-genchanges part, also replacing some HTML
entities and mostly replacing the build directory by a given token, so
that the "normalized" build log is independant of the box on which it
was extracted. The same script also applies to a dpkg-buildpackage
output, on a devel box. I don't know if it can be of some interest to
anyone else but in this case, extract-log.pl on io, in my home.

If someone knows about this kind of tool, please let me know. If not, I
might be interested in developping it a bit to automatically fetch the
logs matching a given architecture and version. By diff'ing or wdiff'ing
two "normalized" build logs, it is quite easy to see that such directory
isn't entered, that such feature isn't available on such arch, etc.

> >   - porter NMU of jabber-common (#407102)
>
> I agree to sponsor a NMU, as proposed by Cyril. I think the first
> thing to do is to ping the maintainer and propose him a porter NMU.

Which I've just done.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois