Re: Need some pointers / direction on building applications ...

When I try and configure/build 2.3.8, I get the following:

setproctitle.c: In function 'setproctitle':
setproctitle.c:250: warning: implicit declaration of function 'VADDR'
setproctitle.c:250: error: 'PTDPTDI' undeclared (first use in this function)
setproctitle.c:250: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
setproctitle.c:250: error: for each function it appears in.)
setproctitle.c:250: error: invalid type argument of '->'
setproctitle.c:251: error: invalid type argument of '->'
make[1]: *** [setproctitle.o] Error 1

I'll need to figure that one out ... not a huge issue ... but, I figured just
to get me going, I'd try to download the source / patch for cyrus 2.2 that I
found on the Debian Packages pages ..

But, how do you apply the diff?  All it looks like is it creates a 'debian'
directory, but none of the files in the debian directory seem to pertain to the
actual distribution, and configure isn't getting modified in any way, so I've
obviously missed something with that route ... ?

Files in debian/patches/ modifies configure.in and
debian/rules calls autoconf. But as far as I know,
cyrus-sasl2_2.1.22 have not needed any kFreeBSD specific patch.

But please take a look at bug in cyrus-imapd-2.2
It might help you.

Petr