Filesystem choices

Hi.

I was wondering what filesystems are planned for FreeBSD in the
future, so I can make a better decision. I'd like to also keep a Linux
installation on the same machine, so it would be nice to be able to
share partitions.

As far as I know, there is full ext2 support in FreeBSD, but I wouldn't
use plain ext2...

There is read-only support for XFS and reiserfs too, but which one is
more likely to have good support (and to robust write access)?

Do the FreeBSD hackers have plans for ext{3,4}?

The work on UFS in Linux has been abandoned, apparently?

Thanks,
J.