Re: Problem installing Debian kFreeBSD

Hello.

I still haven't got the cd as made using the latest ISO image working at all.
It doesn't boot at all. One day, when got time, I'll try burning another one.

--

The earlier image works,

But with that one I haven't got any network.
Not any of the commands as suggested,  after
an earlier discussion, (to look for the network and
for the ethernet card)  works.
(The answer is: 'command doesn't exist'.)
What to do?

With my regular debian gnu/linux I've got no problems.

- hv

Jeronimo Pellegrini <pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 10:22:39PM +0100, Petr Salinger wrote:
> >if you read the previous posts you'll learn that this seems to be a
> >"normal" thing. At least it was for me (on an IBM T43p)
> >Just answer "not" and press control F3 (or was it F5?) to finish your
> >installation. When you're done you'll probably have a fully functional
> >debian-bsd system. Otherwise if you have a connection then just
> >apt-get reinstall the kernel and wahtever you want.
>
> Please, after rebooting into Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
> try "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade" (or even dist-upgrade).
> It will now bring to you FreeBSD 6.2 based kernel ;-)

Thank you guys!

The rest of the installation was really easy (it's a Debian system after
all). Congratulations to the developers!

I look forward to seeing an official release of Debian kFreeBSD. I'll
probably keep it installed on a laptop and report bugs.

J.