Re: installing gnome [FIXED]

Yes, currently this tool is lacking in freebsd-utils or
freebsd-hackedutils. It has to be packaged.

This should be in the same place as on a plain FreeBSD system, but I
don't know the exact location. At the end we will probably move that to
/lib/firmware, but there is plenty things to do on GNU/kFreeBSD, so this
may not change very soon.

actually I have figured it out. I just need iwicontrol; from there I
can tell it where to look for the firmware bss file

Do you have some more information? For example which version? Works well
with version 2.14.0.dfsg-4 here.

I also was running a 2.14 (btw I thought gnome was 2.16 in the
repository, but never mind); as for dfsg no idea, sorry... now the
installation is deleted

> and iceweasel (nice to have that one in the repository!) is behaving a
> bit odd...

What is the exact problem with iceweasel?

for instance (there were other things but I don't remember exactly
what, sorry!) the tabs were blocked and I had to manually change from
tab to tab with control + pag up/ pag down
It's not too serious but newcomers would be scared away because of
such a thing, I guess

Cheers,
Aurelien

Merci pour tout et l'attention... C'est une chose magnifique, votre projet!!

Pau Amaro Seoane

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73