Re: installing gnome [FIXED]

Vim Visual a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Yes, fortunately I have some experience with FreeBSD and I had already
> selected the iwi module when installing... but I am missing some
> tools, like iwicontrol

Yes, currently this tool is lacking in freebsd-utils or
freebsd-hackedutils. It has to be packaged.

> Also, I don't have any idea where to copy the firmware, so that iwi finds it
>
> iwi0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>         inet6 fe80::216:6fff:fea4:62d7%iwi0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x7
>         inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 255.255.255.255
>         ether 0:16:6f:a4:62:d7
>         media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect
>         status: no carrier
>         ssid "" channel 1
>         authmode OPEN privacy OFF txpowmax 100 protmode CTS
>
> The radio transitter is on
>
> # sysctl dev.iwi.0.radio
> dev.iwi.0.radio: 1
>
> I have put the firmware in /lib/firmware, because this is the way I'd
> do it with debian (linux)

This should be in the same place as on a plain FreeBSD system, but I
don't know the exact location. At the end we will probably move that to
/lib/firmware, but there is plenty things to do on GNU/kFreeBSD, so this
may not change very soon.

> I have also noticed that installing gnome-utils yields a problem
>
> E: gnome-utils: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Do you have some more information? For example which version? Works well
with version 2.14.0.dfsg-4 here.

> and iceweasel (nice to have that one in the repository!) is behaving a
> bit odd...

What is the exact problem with iceweasel?

Cheers,
Aurelien