amavisd-new start/stop

Hi,

The command '/etc/init.d/amavis stop' does not stop amavis. It has been
like this forever (well, ever since amavis worked on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD).

I found out that start-stop-daemon looks for the process with name
'amavisd-new'. On Debian GNU/Linux that is indeed the process name, but
on kfreebsd the process name is 'perl'.

So somewhere the process name should have been set to 'amavisd-new', but
it isn't.

Before I go spend some hours to find and/or fix this (I am not a perl
guru), does this sound familiar to anybody, or does anybody have any
hints as to where I should start looking?

I wouldn't be surprised if other perl-based daemons have this same problem.

Robin