installing gnome

Hi,

after my successful startx the first thing I tried to do was apt-get
install gnome-session. This downloaded a bunch of files but in the end
I got "some files are missing". I guess this is because maybe the
whole dependencies have not been yet totally exported to debian-bsd...
after that I install gdm and I am able to login after having created a
user but the splash screen freezes and that's it.

Is it due to some packages missing? If you, is there a fully
functional wm in debian-bsd? I am itching to use it!

thanks for the good work!

Pau Amaro