Re: install successful

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 13:50 -0800, Hannu Virtanen wrote:
> 1)
> What is the proper way to get
> the Net working?

You can simply edit the /etc/network/interfaces file and
run /etc/init.d/networking restart.

Just remember kFreeBSD uses a different interface name for different
drivers/cards. Be sure to replace the existing one with yours. A quick
ifconfig -a should help you find the name.

> 2)
> What is the package I would need to
> get 'dselect' command (for installing
> packages) working?

IIRC dselect should be installed by default, but if not, apt-get install
dselect should work.

> 3)
> Where can I find instructions
> for general configuring
> debian-bsd?

Not sure exactly what you're after, but configuring the basics of a
Debian GNU/kFreeBSD system is almost the same as a Debian GNU/Linux
system, as long as you're not dealing with anything FreeBSD specific.

My GNU/kFreeBSD box has been out of action for a while, so this is all
from memory, but hopefully I'm not too rusty to forget the basics. ;)

--
Joshua