Re: bsd make

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 02:52:19PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> >Make tree which compiles on FreeBSD doesn't compile on
> >debian... No I'm not insane, it compiled after I
> >ported freebsd's make to debian. Would you like to
> >have a look at the port ? Would it be of use ? How can
> >I make it usefull to others ? Its been "debianized".

FYI, FreeBSD's make is already in Debian:

  http://packages.debian.org/freebsd-buildutils

It's ported to Glibc and made kernel-independant. I intend to merge my patches
in upstream once 6.x is forked.

(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))