Re: bsd make

[ Sorry for the delay... ]

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 04:44:16AM -0700, Cherry George Mathew wrote:
>--- Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>[...]
>
>> What's the problem you're seeing?
>
>Make tree which compiles on FreeBSD doesn't compile on
>debian... No I'm not insane, it compiled after I
>ported freebsd's make to debian. Would you like to
>have a look at the port ? Would it be of use ? How can
>I make it usefull to others ? Its been "debianized".

That might be useful, yes. I'm copying the debian-bsd list on this
too; more people there might be interested in what you have. There was
some discussion a while back about re-merging some of the different
BSD make implementations, but I've heard nothing in a while.

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds