Re: libpmount for Hurd and kNetBSD

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 09:29:18AM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:

> Dropped on my TODO list unless someone else wants to grab it first.
> Certainly this should help sanitize a lot of... interesting... issues. I
> expect that this will be obvious on looking at it, but does it support
> arbitrary filesystem types (such as union mounts on BSD systems that have
> the concept)?

No, but you can add any kernel-specific filesystem and let it fail on runtime
(via PMOUNT_UNKNOWNFS) if such filesystem is not supported in the kernel
you're currently running.

For example, it knows about "procfs_linux" already. This filesystem is
supported by the Linux backend (which maps it to "proc") and the kFreeBSD
backend (which maps it to "linprocfs", IIRC), but it's not essential for new
backends to support it as well.

(Debra and Ian) (Gnu's Not (UNiplexed Information and Computing System))/\
(kernel of *(Berkeley Software Distribution))