Re: NetBSD Autobuilder is running

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 10:34:56PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 03:11:13PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:55:12PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Here are the packages I have so far.  Note that this includes things
> > > I've built by hand (such as gcc and apt) plus a very few "fake" packages
> > > built by equivs (libc, libc6-dev).
> >
> > Hmmm. The libc12 package (netbsd-libc source) should provide libc. Things
> > that have just "libc6-dev" and not "libc6-dev | libc-dev" are almost always
> > worthy of having a bug filed...
>
> You are right, of course.  There an unfortunate many packages with this
> dependency.  It is, in fact, totally unnecessary since libc6-dev is
> build-essential anyway.
>
> I wanted to get things going and too many things were failing because of
> that dep.  Obviously this will have to come out later.

Fair enough, I suppose. If we can, it might be good to throw an obvious
warning about these, since they're all guaranteed to be worth of a wishlist
bug (since I try to avoid filing anything higher than wishlist for NetBSD
stuff, *unless* it's something that worked before, and broke). Occasionally
it's a versioned libc6-dev, which is still useful, but needs to be
alternatively bound to libc-dev, obviously.

As long as the actual Depends that end up used have the libc-12 values,
it's not terribly crucial, though.
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/NetBSD(i386) porter                                       : :' :