Re: utmp issues

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 08:40:35PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like several (pam, shadow to name two) packages are not
> building on NetBSD due to utmp-related differences.  Has anyone built
> these yet?  Any suggestions?

This is a long-standing issue with the BSD ports. I addressed the
problem by patching libc. You can find my source here:
http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/freebsd-libc/utmpx/?cvsroot=glibc-bsd

There is also a whole bunch of code to support /etc/shadow here:
http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/freebsd-libc/shadow/?cvsroot=glibc-bsd

You'll need that to build base-passwd and shadow.

I basically copy those files into libc, and patch the relevent makefiles
to include them. I've got patches against FreeBSD you can look at if you
like. They're in the same repository, under debian/patches.

	---Nathan