Re: GNU/KNetBSD self-hosting

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Robert Millan wrote:

> The (Glibc-based) GNU/KNetBSD system is now self-hosting. You can swap
> an existing NetBSD system with it and it may be boot via GRUB
> (kernel --type=netbsd (hdX,a)/boot/knetbsd.gz)
>
> Again, due to the crack incident I've had to re-generate the GNU/KNetBSD
> tarball and upload it to gnuab. The new location is:
>
>   http://ftp.gnuab.org/pub/gnu/knetbsd/

# tar jtvf gnu-knetbsd.tar.bz2 ./lib/ld.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx root/root         0 2003-12-04 22:23:44 ./lib/ld.so.1 -> l

Warning: this tarball suffers from the "mysterious symlink bug" and
it's probably unusable.

Robert, I find very strange that I have never suffered from this bug myself.
Can you reproduce the symlink bug on a not self-hosting system, i.e.
a chroot inside a NetBSD system, which is what I still have here?