Re: installation problems (was: mount bsd partition)

Thank you for information. My story continues...

I was start by my firts step after the reading of the ansfer.
I reinstalled of the FreeBSD. Now, I have only one large slice
and a swap on my BSD partition. The file system is UFS1 (the details
about UFS1 and UFS2 are described in instalation manual of FreeBSD but
I didn't understant it during first reading). Unfortunatelly, the recent
linux kernels mounts the partition on read-only mode correctly but its
read-write mode fails (the most simple command touch /bsd/tmp/a
issues a kernel oops). Therefore, the simple solution by run crosshurd
from linux is not possible...

So I started create the dbootstrap base system. It isn't staightforward
too. The use of recent sid (it is usable after cracking problems today
yet) with crosshurd included is not simply possible. The crosshurd
depends on dpkg-dev package and dpkg-dev depends on perl5 which is not a
part of debian (it's probably a mistake). The rebuild of dpkg-dev
solves this problem (I don't know if this bug is reported, the system is
down at now).

So I transfered the tarball to FreeBSD partition and I tried to run
chroot environment. It was without any success. The kldstat command
printed me that linux.ko is loaded but any command like ls, date gives
the kernel core. I don't understand why. The crosshurd doesn't work, of
course.

I interrupted any additional experiments while the debian infrastructure
will up and it will be possible to use of it.

I take notice of debian/knetbsd archive with some iso images. Can I use
it on instalation of running system without any additional tools? I mean
by example, the Gentoo project provides instalation CDs. The CD is live
so it's possible to boot from it, create a new instalation from chroot
environment and set up complete box (in principle every instalation must
do it). Is there somethink like it for a debian/*bsd?

thank you for any suggestion

FH