Re: Status FreeBSD libc5?

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 07:57:29PM -0700, jse@xmission.com wrote:
> So I guess my question is, is the Debian-FreeBSD-libc5 port stalled?  Is
> there anything I could to do help?  I have a lot of programming
> experience, but I don't know how much I know about this particular area.

Yes. But I've been considering reviving it. (Which wouldn't be that
hard, really. I've still got it in a chroot, I'd just have to update
it.) I'm getting kind of irritated with certain bugs in the glibc port.
And with the need to have both libc's, because necessary system tools
won't compile against glibc.

Because we need both libc's, it looks unlikely that we'll be able to
boot from a floppy in the near future. :(

I'm starting to think the native libc was less of a PITA.

	---Nathan