Re: Tried to compile pppd but no luck

Hi Robert;
Hmm.. my intention was just to let you know how things are done in FreeBSD, I'm
not really into suggesting which ppp you might want to use :).

> [1] see the archived thread:
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2003/debian-hurd-200306/msg00114.html

I think I saw this thread on Daemonnews too.

> I recently posted a patch for Debian's PPP to work on GNU/FreeBSD [2]. Have
> you tried it? It's untested yet and i'm waiting for someone to tell me how
> it works.

I haven't sorry, I use the non-GNU FreeBSD.

Is Debian's ppp derived from the older pppd in FreeBSD?
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/pppd/

It should just work, but it was left basicly unmaintained several years ago...
the "modern" tendency is to use netgraph:
http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200003/netgraph.html (the article is a little
outdated)

hope that helps somehow,

    Pedro.