Re: Tried to compile pppd but no luck

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 08:25:20PM +0100, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I just wanted to point out that on FreeBSD the default ppp is the userland
> ppp by Brian Somers http://www.awfulhak.org/ppp.html .

We used to have Brian's PPP in Debian for the GNU/Hurd port, but it was
removed from the archive [1]. We're playing with Debian's PPP though, and
unless it's unworkable for us it isn't likely that we use FreeBSD's PPP with
the alternative C library as the default.

[1] see the archived thread:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2003/debian-hurd-200306/msg00114.html

I recently posted a patch for Debian's PPP to work on GNU/FreeBSD [2]. Have
you tried it? It's untested yet and i'm waiting for someone to tell me how
it works.

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2003/debian-bsd-200307/msg00006.html