Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

[I am not subscribed to debian-bsd.]

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:33:48PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 10:24:04AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>
> | > Demons are evil,
> |
> | Demons don't exist.  Consequently, their moral value is undefinable.
>
> I claim that their moral value /is/ definable in the context of a
> particular mythology even if they don't exist.  In the case of the
> Christian religion, demons are generally believed to be evil.

Well, sure.  It is an essential characteristic of mythological belief
systems to ascribe "existence" to the unmeasurable, unprovable, and
unfalsifiable.

Since the Debian Project is a large and diverse organization, and since
mythological belief systems have a tendency to be mutually
contradictory, I assert that we cannot be guided by the proscriptions of
any particular mythological belief system.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Those who fail to remember the laws
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    of science are condemned to