Re: Glibc-based Debian GNU/KNetBSD

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:19:41PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:52:01AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
>
> > Please avoid the "third party" euphemism. If you want to run non-free software
> > on a Glibc-based system, you can use the NetBSD libc since it's no technical
> > problem to provide it as alternative (ala Linux libc5)
>
> "Third party" includes the large body of Free software that isn't
> shipped by Debian, plus unmodified upstream code not supplied by Debian.
> There's no need whatsoever to start assuming that it's a euphemism.

If read Perry's response, and me subsequent response, you'll find that Perry
meant something completely different. You'll also find how I recognised my
own confusion.

> Look, Robert, what is it about you and your complete inability to
> actually work with others whose goals aren't identically aligned to
> yours?

Please send me your personal rants privately, or keep pestering me when I'm
not present (like in #debian-devel). That way I don't have to pay any
attention to you.

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)