Re: Status FreeBSD libc5?

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:03:11PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 10:42:46PM -0500, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
> >
> > I'm getting kind of irritated with certain bugs in the glibc port.
>
> Asides from the DNS issue, is there anything else we should know?

I've been trying to fix mountd. It compiles fine, but doesn't work. With
the native libc, I didn't have this problem. And if I had I could have
used gdb. But now I have to build a special gdb against the FreeBSD
libc. Ick.

> > And with the need to have both libc's, because necessary system tools
> > won't compile against glibc.
>
> I have plans for addressing that. Just too busy now for discussing them.

Oh good. I tried to figure out a good solution for quite a while. I
look forward to this.

	---Nathan