Status FreeBSD libc5?

Hello,

I was just wondering what the status of the debian-bsd stuff in general.
I have looked back a few months in the mailing list archives and I didn't
really get a feel for what the current direction is.  I noticed some
postings earlier this month about NetBSD and glibc.  They also referenced
FreeBSD and glibc.  I however could not actually look at the web paged
linked to (I assume because of the compromised servers?).  I looked at the
project page on Sourceforge but there wasn't much info there.  (I'm not
being critical here, just an observation, heaven knows I have plenty of
projects on Sourceforge that I never have time to update. ;-)

I also looked at the /ports/netbsd and /ports/freebsd pages on the debian
web site.  I am particularly interested in FreeBSD as I have run my
internet radio station on it for a year and it runs very well.  However,
it is a remote machine and trying to keep up with patches is kind of a
bummer.  I tried tracking -stable but it is still work to make world and
all of that.  So I have just switched to Debian (Linux) to see if that is
as stable, easier to maintain, and keep up with security.  But I would
really like to use FreeBSD and I think perhaps the Debian-FreeBSD might be
the ticket.

So I guess my question is, is the Debian-FreeBSD-libc5 port stalled?  Is
there anything I could to do help?  I have a lot of programming
experience, but I don't know how much I know about this particular area.

Thanks
  -Scott