Re: Tried to compile pppd but no luck

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:28:00PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> no.  "sys-bsd.c" is the code to talk to a BSD-like ppp kernel driver.
> you will definately want this.

ouch. I thought the /dev/ppp ioctl interface was standarised..

> (hmmm my netbsd tree only has sys-bsd.c ....)  i really would be surprised
> if sys-linux.c is what you want for a freebsd kernel.

well, if this is for the kernel "bsd" is what we want of course :)

I'll have a look at it.

(for libc/userland, i can say with experience it's a common thing that
sources say "linux" when they really mean Glibc)

>    This is getting more confusing :(. Maybe it means FreeBSD 3.x and lower
>    didn't support PPP natively..
>
> freebsd have changed preferred ppp implemetation from the normal pppd
> that everyone else (heh) uses to their userland ppp that uses tun(4)
> instead of ppp(4) i think?

ok I just hope they didn't change the /dev/ppp interface.

> i would be rather surprised if you needed to patch the kernel for
> ppp at this stage....

yes :)