Re: apt repository

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:24:18PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 03:11:46PM -0400, gallegogomez@tutopia.com wrote:
> > I don't know why, but I could not list any files via ftp in linux. however on a
> > dos console I didn't have any trowble, I have to download this files on linux,
> > because pppd is not ported yet:
>
> fixed, thanks.
>
> btw pppd shouldn't be hard to port. IIRC it supports FreeBSD's kernel and it
> certainly supports GNU libc already so it might be just a matter of fixing
> the makefiles.

I believe that FreeBSD has a variant of the same pppd. I don't know how
out of sync it is with the upstream sources, though. IIRC, I believe
there are two or three different ways to do PPP on FreeBSD.

If porting Debian's pppd package turns out to be unfeasible or inferior
for some reason, one of the other methods might be made to work.

	---Nathan