openssh: with default config, sshd fails on kernels other than Linux > 2.0

Package: openssh
Version: unavailable; reported 2003-04-17
Severity: normal

As noted in the debconf template:

  NB! If you are running a 2.0 series Linux kernel, then privilege
  separation will not work at all, and your sshd will fail to start
  unless you explicitly turn privilege separation off.

I suggest that defaults are reverted for both when sshd_config needs
to be generated in postinst and when sshd_config is taken from the
packaged file, so that any kernel other than Linux later than 2.0
gets a default config without priviledge separation.

On the non-linux ports: note that priviledge separation is not supported
on GNU, and will probably never be, since it has a different concept of
user priviledges. I'm not sure about the *BSD ports.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: i386
Kernel: Linux aragorn 2.2.22 #1 dl nov 25 21:59:43 CET 2002 i586
Locale: LANG=ca_ES.ISO-8859-1, LC_CTYPE=ca_ES@euro (ignored: LC_ALL set)