Re: Debian GNU/FreeBSD packages missing

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:30:45AM -0500, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> Yes. The main problem is that it is very difficult to get /usr/include
> to a usable state. glibc breaks compiling nearly all the sbin and
> usr.sbin sources from the FreeBSD tree, and those are necessary. (It
> also breaks bind9, due to severely screwed up headers in
> /usr/include/inet.) I hadn't yet got to the point where I can compile
> the kernel itself.

Can't we have both? at least temporarily, untill we get time to fix the
sbin and usr.sbin FreeBSD sources. the compilation of BSD base utils can
be a bit tricky, but this way we can get a usable system for developement
very soon.

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

		Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)