Re: Debian GNU/FreeBSD packages missing

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 02:19:58PM -0500, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
> > currently the packages in that tree are obsolete. Nathan was working
> > on a Glibc based port which was partly working, but AFAIK didn't release
> > anything.
> >
> > Nathan, will you put the tarball in a public place?
>
> At the moment, I'm lucky to have email. Uploading hundreds of megabytes
> isn't possible for me right now. When I can, I'll try to do something
> about it, but it'll probably be at least a month.
>
> I'm planning to try to start back up again with native libc in a couple
> months, after FreeBSD 5 begins to stabilize.

I see that work on a GNU libc port has gone quite hard, and you consider
now to give it up to start a BSD libc port.

If you have time or resource limitations to do anything now, that's fine;
and if you think working on a BSD libc port is better, that's fine too, but
please don't hide your work on the GNU libc port because someone else might
be willing to take it on.

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

		Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)