Re: freebsd-i386 base packages update

Hello!

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 10:40:58PM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> Doesn't build, or otherwise not usable:
> console-common,console-data,console-tools,console-tools-libs,fdutils,ipchains,iptables,
> klogd,libcap1,libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2,lilo,makedev,manpages,mbr,modconf,modutils,mount,
> net-tools,pcmcia-cs,ppp,pppconfig,pppoe,pppoeconf,procps,psmisc,setserial,sysklogd,
> syslinux,util-linux

ppp and pppconfig are not linux-specific, only monolithic-kernel specific.
IIRC this PPP could run on solaris etc.

util-linux has been ported to GNU, so it probably builds on GNU/FreeBSD
without problem as it's using glibc. The patch is in bug #153410, but I
think Guillem Jover has made a newer one, I'm CCing him.

cheers,

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992