Re: freebsd-i386 status update

matthew green wrote:
bsdutils, e2fsprogs, login, mount, and util-linux.

mount?  this one is going to be fairly tied to the kernel...

Yes, and I have no intention of trying to port it. I got the FreeBSD mount sources to build on glibc, and that's good enough for me.

Actually, bsdutils, mount and util-linux are built from the same source. I've already worked on this, and got the pieces I needed working on BSD libc, so I'll probably pick that up again later on.

This is really to do with the fact that Debian is going to have to change its essential package list at some point. At present, there are too many things that assume Linux.

	---Nathan