Re: anybody there ?

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> I'm in the process of moving at the moment, so haven't had much time to
> work on things - things should start moving again in early September, with
> a bit of luck.

Well, I may as well quit lurking then..

I was just going to listen because I don't currently have time to
contribute to development. I have no NetBSD box at the moment but should
have one in a month or two.

Has anyone thought of trying to graft the NetBSD kernel onto a Linux
binary userland? Or, to put it another way, of running userland under
Linux binary emulation? The reason I ask this is that with some
sufficiently hacked scripts, and GRUB it seems to me that it might be
possible to run GNU/Linux and GNU/NetBSD off the same partition.

This would probably require some fresh development, but I'm game.

This gives GNU users a choice of kernels (yay!), NetBSD some exposure, and
helps to illustrate better than words the distinction between the OS
kernel, and the rest of the OS.

--
[ phundie@no-spam.hackunix.org - Don't waste electrons with dumb quotes ]