Re: Glibc and NetBSD

> I have a sufficiently working glibc that I can build binutils and gcc
> against it and then use them to rebuild a working glibc, but it'll need
> some work yet before it's even vaguely production ready. The general
> opinion at Debconf seemed to be that going with glibc was preferable to
> using BSD libc - does anyone have any comments?

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but here I go again... I think the C
library is one of the features Debian people would want to use Debian */*BSD
for, due to it's various real or perceived advantages. I'd bet that 90% of the
people screaming at you to use glibc are going to go on using just Debian
GNU/Linux either way...

- Michael

=====