Re: Autoconf build targets

> This means that people building packages will have to be running a
> patched version of the kernel?

It means that you have to be running the system you are building for. This is
the same as for every other port of Debian.

> It looks weird to me, also some packages checking for kernel version
> might have trouble.

Better if they hiccup on build than if they assume things which are not true.

> Why don't you just check for the particular resource you need in every
> particular case (preferably using autoconf)?

You are volunteering to switch all the packages over to autoconf? That's great!
Will you be done sometime this year? Keep us informed.

- Michael

=====