re: Booting

   On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 06:55:26PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
   > This is certainly true. It's a wishlist item, it would be nice if all
   > free kernels would use multiboot. I've heard that grub will at least
   > be partly rewritten to make some new features possible, it might also
   > be the "extra environmental stuff" but I'm not sure what you mean with
   > it.

   It'd be nice, but I think the BSD's are going to be pretty skeptical.
   FreeBSD, in particular, has a very nice boot loader. I rather like it,
   it reminds me of OpenBoot.

that's because they've included a forth interpreter in the booter...

i have these huge conflicting feelings on whether i find that
extremely disgusting or extremely cool.  :-)