Re: bootstrapping binutils/gcc

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 06:02:26PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:

> I'm still waiting on the patches from the NetBSD i386 chroot creator that
> he used for GCC, before I try to build one inside the tarball. Let me know
> if you find something that works; I'd love to get a full suite of the GCC
> tools into the i386 port as well (gdb does not currently exist inside...)

Sorry about that - I accidently deleted my gcc source packages in a fit of
absent mindedness. The main patch I applied is now at
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/debian-netbsd/netbsd.dpatch and needs to
be copied into the patch directory of the deb and the scripts told to
apply it (rules.patch, IIRC). I also disabled testing (again just hack the
build scripts) since we don't have DejaGNU.

> Haven't seen it yet.... just the chroot. Part of what I'm waiting on.

The build trees are available at
http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~mjg59/debian-netbsd/source - I'll add the
source packages to that, since it sounds like people would find them
useful.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org