Re: built some packages..

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 03:14:23PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 03:59:59PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> > Has crypto stuff moved to main from non-US, officially? If not, we probably
> > shouldn't put up stuff from there on a US site...
>
> It was planned to move crypto to main, but then the world changed on 11
> semptember. Crypto stuff should still be uploaded to non-US. People
> living in the US should not upload those files to a non-US server.

Given that... I suspect it would be a really helpful thing if a couple of
our non-US folks focused on getting at least *some* version of the various
crypto-based packages (particularly OpenSSL and OpenSSH) useable. I'm still
slowly hammering away at getting the entire list of Essential and those
Required/Important packages which are present in a default install done,
though much of what remains in Essential will require some local patches
until they're sent upstream.

Speaking of which - could someone check at least the patch for GCC into the
staging area? If so, I will happily build an updated set of compiler tools
(right now, I'm running into various weirdnesses, and having gdb and such
would help a lot; I also have a bug filed against libreadline4 which, when
resolved, should enable a bunch of things).
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/