Re: Patch for dpkg-shlibdeps

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:31:45PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 11:23:54PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > Is dpkg-shlibdeps broken on NetBSD or just FreeBSD?
>
> Well, that patch for using the NetBSD ldd binary. I don't currently have a
> FreeBSD setup of any sort (nor another spare machine to run one on), so I
> can't really answer effectively. :/

It breaks badly on FreeBSD, because ldd doesn't work on shared libraries. It
sounds like it has a small difficulty with the output format on NetBSD. That's
what the patch addresses.

The difference has to do with the ELF implementations, which apparently were
done independently. I may try to port the NetBSD ldd sometime, but I have
dpkg-shlibdeps working ok with ldconfig.

	---Nathan